Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I will conduct a detailed CMA (Comprehensive Market Analysis) complete with comparable active and expired listings, recent solds and historical data relevant to determining the market value of the home. This will empower you to make an informed decision.
- I will prepare an offer that protects you, follows your instructions and matches your schedule and needs.
- I will explain the details of the offer, the terms and suggest options for specialty clauses ensuring you know exactly what you are agreeing to.
- I will present and negotiate the offer on your behalf to get you the home that you want at the price and terms you want.
What happens next?
- The seller may accept your offer – congratulations!
- The seller may reject your offer – not common, but it can happen and I would endeavor to find out why.
- The seller may counter sign, changing the terms of the offer and present the offer to back to you.
- Negotiations continue to reach agreeable terms between the seller and yourself, or until we know an agreement cannot be reached and it is time to walk away.
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.