The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
You tell me exactly what you’re looking for, and every day or so you’ll receive an updated list of properties that fit your specifications through PCS. And because I have access to every listing by every realtor, you’ll have access to all the listings in the area.
The Private Client Services (PCS) is an excellent real estate tool that informs you of brand-new listings that meet your specific criteria before they are shown on the MLS. It also includes information not available on the MLS: Sold Prices, Days on Market, Price Reduction History.
If there are any new listings or price changes you will be the first to know… via e-mail.
I will also regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on me to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those I suspect you’d like.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to finding you the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.